Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday

Ok, so I'm a little late in posting these pictures, but better late then never right?  

Melody had such a wonderful birthday this year.  She'd been telling everyone for weeks that she was turning 4 and very proud of that fact too.  I was having a hard time getting out of her what she wanted for her birthday cake.  She kept going back to a "princess" type of cake, so when I found the crown cake pan by Wilton I knew it would be perfect.

The day of her birthday was spent with mom just relaxing and enjoying the day.  We weren't going to have her party until Saturday, so she helped me "make" stuff for the Don't Call Me a Hero movie premiere.  That night after dinner though I had her open one gift, and she opened her gift from Aunt Mamy:

This beautiful dress up dress is from Mom and Dad:

Aunt Mamy got her a Unicorn Pillow Pet:

She was very happy with these gifts, though I told her there would be more to open on Saturday.

It took me all morning to decorate Melody's cake since the party was supposed to happen at 3:00.  I had hoped that Ginger and Amber would have been able to make it out, but I totally understand the travel out to Pahrump can be a bit inconvenient.  

While I was getting the sandwich stuff together for "linner" (lunch and dinner), Aunt Mamy put on some music and the kids danced their little hearts out.

Then time to open presents came.  Melody got a pretty new dress from Nana, a Disney Princess cool bake Oven from Uncle Bradd & Aunt Xue.  Mom and dad got her a wooden magnet dress up doll and Baby Alive: Baby All Gone.  Oh man but she was in heaven!!!  

Birthday cake time, we all sang and she blew out her candles.

After such a full day, Melody was plum tuckered out and fell asleep early with her new baby tucked in next to her.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so wish I could have been there. Melody is such a beautiful Princess and totally deserved a princess cake!

Verlynn said...

Awww, so sweet. We thought about her all day. Getting so big and grown up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...