Thursday, January 3, 2008

Frustration

Tonight has been a very frustrating night for all of us.  Jordan has of late decided to be the Melody police.  He feels it's his civic duty to push Melody out of the way from either his or her toys.  I don't know if Jordan feels that all of the toys are his or what, but tonight was even worse than others.  We received a plaque from mom that has a metal hanger on it, and Jordan decided to take it away from Melody....well as he was pulling her thumb was caught in the wire and stuck.  I got there when I heard the rucus.  Needless to say, Jordan went straight to bed!  He's got to get it through his head that he can't shove his sister away from her own toys.  I'm not sure what to do about it.

I'm going to try to mark their toys, and hopefully that will eliminate some of the contention.  I know Jordan loves his sister, but this has got to stop.  It's going to be nice to have school start on Monday.  I think he's very bored.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think marking the toys is a great idea. Kids definitely get bored when school is out. My kids need to go back as well (for me as much as for them.

Stacie said...

Well at least you're not letting Jordan get away with it. I think he'll do better if it's clear which ones are his and which ones are Melody's.

Verlynn said...

He's a leader. The teachers even said so. He probably thinks he's in charge of everything. Even Melody... It will pass I'm sure. Look at how well he's doing in the non-tantrum department now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...