Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I've come to a realization

Written in 2011:

***Warning, Post of Self Discovery***


I came to a realization last night after a day of some self pity:

I am so afraid of failure that I've already failed!



One of my goals this year was to continue my journey toward a healthier life and weight loss.  Though I have made several positive changes, my weight loss has become stagnant.  I feel better then I ever have, I have more energy, I enjoy working out, but because my weight hasn't reflected those changes I feel I've failed. 


I also feel like I am setting myself up for failure.  I'll make some bad food choices, then in my head think:

"Well, I've already messed up today, may as well go all out the rest of the day." 

That is not the kind of thinking I should have.  I should instead forgive myself for that mistake of the day, and continue on the path I've set for myself.

I'm always going to have days where temptation will overtake me.  But if I set my environment up to where I can't fail, then I'll find that success that I need.


Update February 2012:

I wrote that little tidbit last year around October when I'd been struggling with where I was or wasn't going.  Since the first of the year I've been more involved in finding out why I haven't been losing the weight.  I have finally figured it out, and though I'm still tweaking, I'm excited where this year will take me.

I'm so grateful for the help and support I have from my friends and family.  I know without their love and encouragement I would have failed and given up on myself a long time ago.

I'm happy to announce that since the first of the year I've lost 9 pounds!!  I still have my days where I have the pity party and eat whatever is in sight, but I'm learning that those foods which are bad for me are poison I don't want invading my body.  I hope to find some healthy alternatives to my "bad" foods and will post those recipes I find them.  I hope you have found your driving force to a happier and healthier life.  If not, please feel free to use my journey as a stepping point and know I'm always there to lend a helping hand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...