Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Awakenings

As the temperature is rising, I look around to the renewal of spring and the birth of new beginnings.


I also reflect on the journey I've been on this past year.  Taking that first step towards a healthier me was a very hard decision. I look at the me a year ago, and I'm appalled that I even thought I was happy.  I was anything but happy with myself and the situation I had put myself in. I was destroying myself from the inside out, spiraling out of control without breaks.

Although I wish I could have been closer to my goals, I'm happy with the progress I've made.  I've got tons of demons I still need to face head on though. Those voices that tell me I'm not progressing so I should just give up.  Or if I make a poor choice with what I eat, I beat my self up and say that's it..may as well keep going.  I've tried really hard to keep those demons at bay, but it's been a little hard lately.

Though it's still a few week until it's officially been one year since starting on my journey, I'm recommitting to ME!  I can do this and no negative thoughts, temptations, guilt, etc will stand in my way.  How can I when I've come this far?

3 comments:

Verlynn said...

Totally Fab!!!

Andi said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! I just stumbled across your blog and read a bit... I'm too on the path to a healthier me, and I know how difficult it is! You're doing incredible and it shows!

Marie said...

You look great! Keep up the great work and don't get down on yourself. Slow and steady wins the race. Love you blog:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...